Wednesday 23 January 2013

Nick Clegg On LBC. Was it enough?

I recently started my show on YouTube Talking With Tayo of which focus' on different topics and allows viewers to interact and contribute their views towards the subject. For my first episode I decided to focus on Nick Clegg's appearance on LBC 97.3(London's Biggest Conversation) taking place every Thursday morning for what I thought was an hour however turned out to be a very short and 'sweet' half an hour. First of all I felt that yes it was a big step in politics to have such a high figure not only do something like this but also be brave enough to face people with grilling questions wanting answers. It's fair to say its not been the best year for Mr Clegg he lost a lot of trust from not only his voters but also his own party. In my eyes it was always going to go this way, politics is a tough game with parties fighting different causes with completely different agendas. So you ask yourself the question how can two different parties work together and suddenly become this big team with one view, one opinion and agree on the same plan. It would never be that simple. Do you feel that Nick Clegg making these appearances was a way to try and build up the lost trust again? John a member of the lib dems spoke of how he tore up his party membership, this speaks volumes!

My mum had rung in the night before the first phone in as she wanted to speak of how she was being forced to go back to work just a year after we had lost my brother. She had written to both David Cameron and Nick Clegg and in return had received the same letter I say off both but we all know it wasn't them. This was truly appalling and my mum wanted answers as to why a mum a year after she has lost her son should be made to go back to work after such trauma especially when she knew in herself she just wasn't ready!

Of course we didn't get a call back but listening to the phone in and the fact that someone was aloud on to enquire whether Mr Clegg wears a onesie was seriously outrageous. Nick Clegg went on to answer hard hitting serious questions and the fact that my mum had one and this person had rung to ask a meaningless question and was aloud through really does sum up the purpose of the phone in. To have a laugh and hopefully win over voters again by trying to fit in with current trends and express how very much you love them.

I would love to know what you all think, do you vote lib dem? Have you lost trust? Did you feel the phone in was enough?

Thank you
Tayox



No comments:

Post a Comment