Tuesday 18 December 2012

Christmasx

Christmas is meant to be a time for happiness and quality time with family. It used to be like this for me. When I was younger I would get a real festive buzz. My brother and I would colate lists of all the things we wanted and then my mum would take us down to the post box outside my road and post it to santi. We would watch christmas movies like elf, santa claus and the grinch. We would enjoy putting out christmas tree up and decoratting it to our hearts content.

But life is'nt like that anymore, its not a happy fairytale. Now that brother is not here this time of year doesn't feel like its worth spending. I don't have anyone to share the excitement with and instead of christmas feeling happy and joyful it feels lonely and sad. We would go to my nans for christmas and before my brothers death it would be the best time of year. I miss that feeling of not being able to go to sleep because my brother and I were way to excited. I miss the feeling of getting up at silly o clock to open presents. Its like my brother was the star on top of the tree, without the star your tree is incomplete a bit like my families life and christmas now.

I feel as if I am still stuck in the past and that in my heart I will always be young. This year has been one of the most challenging, facing the pressures of GCSE'S suffering from panic attacks, losing friends that I thought were true, starting sixth form, but most importantly living for the 3rd year without my Leon.

My message to people is that when you look upon the gifts and the novelty of christmas look at the people that surround you because they are the real gifts. Also think of the disadvanaged, the people on thier own this christmas, the homeless,the poor, the unhappy, the parents who have lost thier children to the gun attack in America, Peter Andre losing his brother so close to christmas and all the other people who have to spend christmas without loved ones. Think of them.xxx

Tayo x

No comments:

Post a Comment